In episode 41, I discussed the top 5 excuses that I get for why people don’t want to take action. The most important excuse that I didn’t mention is – fear. Have you been putting off making your first real estate deal because it just isn’t the ‘right’ deal? News flash: Every deal is the right deal. Limit your criteria, stop living in fear, and take action!
How to Stop Living in Fear
You can’t fake it til you make it. The reality is that the people who know (who have been there and done that, that are watching you fake it til you make it) they can see through your bullshit. People will catch on and see through your facade. What you need to do is lead at your level. Don’t exaggerate your greatness. If you have only ever done 10 deals a month, then don’t promise someone that you can help them do 30 in that same amount of time.
- Fear has the ability to hold us back.
- A lot of times we’re searching for this secret sauce. What’s it going to take to get me from where I’m at right now to the level I want to be?
- If there is no financial commitment, then a lot of the time there will also be no time commitment. Join a group you need to pay for. This will make you want to commit because it will show you examples of what you could be accomplishing, help you make connections, and it will be a tremendous support group available to you at your fingertips.
- What is the secret sauce?
- If you’re looking for that special sauce, if you’re looking for that piece, that key that is going to unlock and lead you to the promised land, I’m going to dish you some cold hard truth right now. The reality is, there isn’t any. There is nothing special about certain groups; there is nothing special about those people in those groups. They are average people who wanted more for themselves and they worked hard to get there. You can accomplish everything they have by doing the work.
- How to stop being a little bitch.
- The biggest and best thing you can do is figure out how to get out of your own way every single day. Make a habit of going to the mirror, staring at yourself, and telling your fear to “shut the fuck up.”
- Your self-limiting beliefs are the only things standing in your way of where you are now and where you see yourself going. Remove that barrier that you placed in your own mind or you will continue to be limited.
- At the end of the day, you just have to stop being a little bitch. Also, at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks but you.
- Don’t let fear hold you back. It’s time to take action. It’s time to get out of your own way. Take responsibility for yourself. You can not be better or do better without effort. If you do not make any changes then you, right now, are the best you will ever be. Nobody is coming to save you.
If you don’t take action to make any changes, then you will be in this boat six months from now. In a year, you’ll look back on this day and think, “yep, I should have taken action a year ago.” Don’t be the person who wished they started five years ago. Nothing will change, nothing will be different unless you get started. Today is the day to take action to make a positive change. This is not an overnight thing. It’s making small steps every single day to achieving your big goal. Set priorities, take small bites at a time, move forward in a positive direction, and get out of your own way.
If you love the returns of real estate investing, but don’t want to deal with any people, you have the option to be the bank. You can be part of a trust or a fund. Right now, I have a fund set up for accredited investors with over $5 million in assets. The fund has preferred interest and 70% profit sharing. Visit me at investwithdrmatt.com to find out if you have the opportunity to invest with us.
Subscribe To The Cash Flow King Podcast
Never miss an episode of the REALEST Real Estate Podcast on the web. Subscribe where you like to listen.
It would be awesome if you could take a few moments from your day and write a review for “The Cash Flow King” on iTunes by clicking here.
Get Yourself A Free Copy Of Man On Fire Book
Get a FREE copy of my best-selling book “Man On Fire” Lessons From A Perpetual Burnout For Creating Alignment For Success. Click Here.
Listen To The Cash Flow King Podcast On YouTube:
If you love this content and want to see more, check out our other show notes from previous episodes. You can also catch me on Twitter at @CFKingPodcast , Facebook at Cash Flow King Podcast, or Instagram at @cashflowkingpodcast. Feel free to use any of the socials to ask me questions!