In this episode, Dr. Matt Motil interviews international and national motivational speaker, consultant, licensed physiotherapist, clarity coach, online radio podcaster, and author Kingsley Grant.
Kingsley is known as a “grinder.”
Let’s get started…
Special Guest Kingsley Grant
Kingsley focuses on helping middle income professionals cut through the confusion, gain clarity, and confidently take the low risk steps toward their desired goals.
He is a contributed writer for Huffington Post, The Good Men Project, and another related sources.
His dreams and passion helps him push himself everyday.
2. When Did The Switch Flip “On” For You As An Entrepreneur?
The switched “on” for Kingsley in 2018 for a number of reasons.
In 2006, he started questioning himself and purpose.
He started to think that there is more to life than just this, he wanted to make an impact in someones life.
Kingsley thought, “all he’s done, does it matter?” What was next for him?
In December 2008, Kingsley was rushed to the hospital for a quadruple bypass surgery.
After surviving the surgery, he decided he was going to devote his time to what was more important.
Thus in 2008, after 21+ years at his job, he resigned.
3. What Was Your First “Hustle?”
Kingsley’s first “hustle,” was when he started his business that helped families to improve.
He went back to the school at the age of 40 to get a degree as a full time therapist.
His business focused on therapy and counseling.
4. When You Cut Ties With Your Job, Did You Have A Plan?
Kingsley didn’t have a plan, he just thought he would resign and figure it out.
Now, he wishes that he had a better plan, but at the time enough was enough.
Being in that line of work was affecting his health and well-being. He would go crazy if he had to bare one more year.
5. How Do You Maintain Balance Between Work And Home? IS There Such A Thing?
Kingsley thinks there is such a thing, but its a relative term. He describes that statement as “not 1 size fitting all.”
What works for your family may not work for someone else’s.
How he makes it work is by letting his wife know what is going on and keeping an open line of communication.
As long as they are on the same page, then his work/life balance is good!
The more his family knows, the less they’ll judge.
6. What Is Your Definition Of Success?
Kingsley’s definition of success is good relationships meaning spending time with the people who matter the most.
He knows he’s successful when those people that matter the most WANT to be around him.
7. What Is The Biggest Obstacle You Have Overcome Thus Far?
Kingsley has 3 obstacles he’s overcome thus far:
- Getting sick (quadruple by-pass surgery), it was a life or death decision
- Overcoming sexual trauma’s as a teenager
- In 2011, his mom died of cancer. She had wanted to become a nurse and never got the chance to pursue that dream. It is Kingsley’s job to help people not take their dreams to the graveyard.
8. What Keeps You Going After A Setback or Failure?
He always goes back to his “why.”
Inspiring people to find help and build dreams keeps him going.
9. What Is The One Book That Changed It All For You?
Kingsley has two!
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
- Crush It: Why NOW Is The Time To Cash In on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk
10. What Is One Thing You Would Tell 10-Years Younger You?
To encourage himself to take a risk, everything is going to be OK.
11. What’s Next For You?
Kingsley created a book called: The Midlife Launch
He also created a course teaching people how to start their business from home.
12. How Can We Reach Out To You?
Through his website: www.kingsleygrant.com
His podcast: A Happier Living
Subscribe To The American Entrepreneur Podcast
Never miss an episode of The American Entrepreneur Podcast on the web. Subscribe where you like to listen.
It would be awesome if you could take a few moments from your day and write a review for “The American Entrepreneur Podcast” on iTunes by clicking here.
Get Yourself A Free Copy Of Man On Fire Book
Get a FREE copy of my best-selling book “Man On Fire” Lessons From A Perpetual Burnout For Creating Alignment For Success. Click Here.
Listen To The American Entrepreneur Podcast On YouTube: